Today, Lucite International launched the inaugural LuciteLux® JUST IMAGINE Awards at GlobalShop 2013 and announced the prestigious panel of judges who will select the winner:
- Alexandra Von Furstenberg, designer of modern furniture and president of AVF, LLC
- Anne-Louise Ewen, fine artist and Lucite® painter/sculptor
- Jamer Hunt, chair of urban and transdisciplinary design at Parsons The New School for Design
- Jason Kelly Johnson and Nataly Gattegno, architects and founders of FUTURE CITIES LAB
- Ron Labaco, curator for the Museum of Art & Design
- Simon Ellis, business director, Lucite International, Inc.
The winner will be celebrated with a full-page spread in Architectural Record as well as a making-of documentary that tells the story of the designer’s work with LuciteLux®. The documentary will debut at an exclusive screening party at the site of the installation later this year.
“Our vision for the JUST IMAGINE Awards is to celebrate designers who have embraced the uniqueness of working with, and creating designs using our brand, LuciteLux®,” said Simon Ellis. “We’re very proud that this wonderful material continues to inspire creative thinking and to bring those ideas imagined into real life: from back-lit signage that arrests attention to a floating wall in a hotel lobby and everything in between.”
JUST IMAGINE Awards Details
Entries can be submitted via www.lucitelux.com from today through to September 27, 2013. The work must be completed using LuciteLux® between 2011 and 2013 to be eligible.
The judging criteria will be:
– To what extent does the entry optimise the properties and design qualities of LuciteLux® cast acrylic
– To what extent does the entry meet its defined purpose in a highly creative way
– To what extent does the entry demonstrate innovation and uniqueness
Designers from all industries are welcome to enter: architects, fabricators, fine artists, visual merchandising designers, furniture designers, interior designers, sign designers, commercial artists, fashion designers and design students.
The JUST IMAGINE Awards will also honour a runner-up with inclusion in the winner’s news release, presence on the LuciteLux® social media pages and a mention in the making-of documentary. For more information, visit www.lucitelux.com, and for inspiration and updates ‘like’ LuciteLux® on Facebook or Pinterest.