The European coatings season is getting into full swing with over 26,000 visitors and 962 exhibitors at the European Coatings Show (ECS) in Nuremberg, Germany last week. Despite wider economic forecasts, at Lucite International we believe there are plenty of reasons for optimism in the industry as MMA-based coatings usage in EAME grew between 1-2% over 2011 rates and 2013 looks to be heading in a similar direction.
The Lucite International (LI) methacrylate monomers team was at the show to meet and support customers and industry colleagues, to exchange ideas, learn about the trends and find out more about the challenges and opportunities that exist in the coatings industry. Peter Snodgrass, EAME Sales Director shares some of the questions he was looking for answers to – how about you?
- What are the key driver for the coatings world in the near future?
- What impact is environmental protection having on the latest coatings systems?
- Are new regulations and labeling requirements leading customers to seek safer ingredients?
- What new talents are required to develop, make and market ever more efficient coating systems?
- are the green shoots of growth to be found?
- As a raw material supplier, where and how can we add most value to our industry?
The European Coatings Show was bigger and better than ever this year so we’re already looking forward to ECS 2015. In the meantime Lucite International will be visiting ExpoCoat in Shanghai from 1-3 April 2013. For more information visit: http://shows.newmaker.com/fairs/Expo-Coat-China.html